to Help Improve Care
Sanofi is proud to support initiatives that give a voice to underrepresented minorities in the field of kidney transplantation.
To produce change, we must first identify the problem we intend to solve.
Watch our Disparities in Kidney Transplantation video to learn more about some of the staggering disparities faced by those in need of a kidney transplant.
to Address Workforce Disparities
Sanofi is committed to partnering with the transplant community in recognizing and addressing issues that may contribute to disparities in transplantation and is the proud exclusive sponsor of the ASTS Transplant Surgery Workforce Diversity Initiative.
Watch our Workforce Disparities in Kidney Transplantation video to learn more about inequities in the kidney transplant workforce.
to Support Transplant Education
We’re proud to partner with a diverse group of leading experts in transplantation to develop meaningful and current educational programs that can be tailored to the unique needs of your center.
- Does accepting high-risk kidneys adversely affect my center’s performance evaluations?
- What options are available for HCV+ and HIV+ recipients and donors?
- How can my center support paired kidney donations?
- What current techniques are available for diagnosing antibody-mediated rejection?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected kidney transplants across the US?
Frailty and Kidney Transplantation: The Concept of Physiologic Reserve
Sanofi has developed an educational slide presentation on frailty and its impact on kidney transplantation that will be delivered by experts in the field.
- Introduce the concept of frailty and physiologic reserve
- Explore the potential impact of frailty on clinical decision-making in patients undergoing general surgery, patients with ESRD, and patients undergoing transplant surgery
- Discuss the impact of pretransplant frailty on posttransplant clinical outcomes
Updates in Kidney Allocation: Impact on Transplantation
Sanofi has developed an educational slide presentation on the updated kidney allocation policy in the US that will be delivered by experts in the field.
- Review the evolution of kidney allocation in the US
- Discuss the new kidney allocation policy implemented in March 2021
- Highlight the early outcomes data with the updated policy and future considerations for the transplant community
- Explore the impact of the new kidney allocation policy on transplant centers and patients using hypothetical case studies
There’s Strength in Connecting
Kidney Transplant Connectors are donors and recipients who come together to educate and motivate people in need of a kidney transplant and their loved ones by sharing their own journeys through transplantation.
The Kidney Transplant Connectors program is available in English and Spanish, both in-person and as a live webinar.
Each program is presented by 1 donor and 1 recipient, who share their personal journeys. Other highlights include
- The importance of self-advocacy and considering all available options to help reduce time spent on the transplant waitlist
- Tips to prepare for the transplant procedure and the period afterward
- Educational information and resources about transplant options
Partnering Together to Celebrate National Minority Donor Awareness Month
We are humbled to share the experiences of kidney donors during National Minority Donor Awareness Month to highlight disparities that exist with the transplant community and raise awareness about organ donation in minority communities.
Hear from donors and recipients as they share their experiences with kidney donation and transplantation